Visiting Houghton Regis Dental Centre for the first time
When you first see us, you will find that the appointment lasts a little longer. This is so the dentist can spend some time getting to know you and have a good look at your mouth.
Following a very warm welcome, you can expect the following:
- Your dentist will ask some questions about your medical history and check all your details are correctly recorded.
- They will examine your teeth and screen you for oral cancer by observing your mouth, cheeks and tongue. They will also check your neck and jaw joints for any problems.
- They may take radiographs (x-rays), if necessary, and look for hidden problems including bone loss or concealed decay.
- Following the assessment, your dentist will let you know what they have found and discuss any treatment that may be necessary, as well as your options, costs and how long it will be expected to take.
- We will hand you a treatment plan to read and sign.
When it’s time for your next visit, we will send a reminder 72 hours before. However, if you have any dental problems in the meantime, please do get in touch.